[svlug] How to mount a USB mass storage device?

Felipe Leme felipeal at iname.com
Fri Jan 25 12:34:01 PST 2002

What exactly is you problem? Isn't the USB system recognizing the camera?

If everything is well configured, once you plug the camera in your
computer, you should get a message (on /var/log/messages) indicating
which device was created (somewhere in /dev/usb, I think) and then you
could just mount that device as a filesystem. If you don't get such
message, there must be something wrong, maybe the mass storage module is
not loaded or something like that (I don't have my camera here now,
otherwise I could help you with the messages).

Finally, which system are you using? Does it have hotplug support
(http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/) ?

Felipe