[svlug] A followup on UnZipping in Linux.

Matt Billenstein mbillens at one.net
Tue Jan 22 22:09:02 PST 2002

No man, I wasn't attacking you, I just think in some circumstances comparing
an app on Windows to an app on Linux is slightly fallacious...  I don't
expect KWord or KPresenter to work as well (although they do work quite good
IMHO) as MS Office apps simply because they're developed by volunteers who
have other things to do.

I don't know that I know the answer to your question, but the only way you
can know for sure is to indeed contact the developer.  Either he'll blow you
off, point the finger at whatever made the zip file, or consider your
message for an enhancement or bug fix in his tool.  Either way you know more
than you know now.

Cheers,

Matt Billenstein
mbillens (at) one (dot) net