[svlug] A followup on UnZipping in Linux.

Sean Allen zeroone at worldonline.co.za
Tue Jan 22 21:56:03 PST 2002

I was the one who originally replied.
My opinion is that the author of the zip file should be informed that
his zip file, probably zipped up on a win machine, exhibits strange
behavior under *nix, probably due to the translation of a windows path
under unzip which is trying to do something it is not allowed to,
thereby, IMHO, just doing what you told it to.

As for the communication between mc and unzip, can't comment but I would
imagine it has something to do with the same reason.

maybe find out what tool he used to create the zip file and we may find
the culprit.

Sean Allen