[svlug] E-Machines 667ir and Debian

Bill Jonas bill at billjonas.com
Mon Jan 21 21:49:01 PST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:25:58PM -0800, Stephen Hill wrote:
> NIC.  I looked thru Google, and saw that the Network Everywhere Fast
> E'net Adaptor (NC100v2) NIC that E-Machines uses can be activated
> using the tulip.o driver, which IS on the drives as seen from linux.

I had some problems with getting the tulip driver in the 2.2 kernel to
work.  The one in 2.4 (later kernels, at least) seems to work fine.

Try the driver from scyld.com first, as the other poster suggested.
Failing that, download the source for 2.4, as well as the packages at
<http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html> (I assume you're running
Debian 2.2 (potato).)  Or download the appropriate pre-packaged kernel
from <ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4*>.

--
Bill Jonas    *    bill at billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html