[svlug] Could someone test UNZIP for me?

Ron theotiwii at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 18:38:02 PST 2002

I'm playing with a code generator for Java/Struts/Expresso and found I
was unable to "unzip" example source code. The author uses a Window's
based system.

I've never had a problem unzipping files in Linux (UnZip 5.42) and I
_CAN_ unzip his tutorial files without problem.

What I would like to know is if my system is the problem or the routines
his code generator uses to zip the demo code is at fault.

I can unzip these same files on a Windows system, just not in Linux,
since I rarely deal with zip files in Linux I'm not sure if this is a
standard (Linux) problem or something I should inform the author of.

Would anyone be willing to download the following code, unzip it in
Linux and read one of the unziped files to make sure it is not "zeroed
out" (that is what is happening to me).

The URL is:

	http://webappwriter.com/appwriter/docs/samplesBasic.html

...the code to download is "foo Code Download"

I'll post a thank you to this message to indicate someone has come to my
assistance... and thank you in advance for any help.

-Ron