[svlug] About mc (and other linux file managers)

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Sun Jan 20 00:08:01 PST 2002

J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:10:57 -0800
> Joe Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > Describe how it works and I'll write an emacs extension for you
> > that does it.
>
> See prior post with details.
>
> Problem: I don't want to do it from inside (X)Emacs.

  I don't use emacs but I am just wondering - isn't there a way to just
execute emacs lisp script without being in emacs environment first?
considering the huge amount of software available for emacs I guess not
all software requires editor environment and theoretically could be
simply run by putting #!/usr/bin/emacs in the first line...

  that way the emacs would basically act as any other interpreter...

	erik