[svlug] fsck

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo at cam.org
Sat Jan 19 18:06:01 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 04:57:21PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Let me guess, you are using Red Hat right?
> (if not, the same comment applies anyway)

	Actually it's a Debian box.

	The boxen in question reside in network studios: ABC, FOX, CBS, etc.
In there you have racks and racks of frames etc. The "users" in question
are mostly operators who are not at all computer savy. For them,
anything that is plugged in can be unplugged and often is. They don't
much care.

	But thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will try a mixture
of the automated fsck command for those machines I can't get to and I
will upgrade all our new machines to ext3.

	Thanks again,

	Justin.

--
Justin F. Knotzke