[svlug] About mc (and other linux file managers)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Jan 19 14:47:01 PST 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:35:34 -0800
J C Lawrence <J> wrote:

> About 10 minutes before the post you're quoting.

Saving some effort:

  Something like (faint memory):

    SELECT <file-spec> <command>

  Brought up a scrolling text list of the matching files which could
  be cursored among and tagged/untagged with SPACE.  Hitting ENTER
  ran the provided command on all tagged entries.

  That alone under bash would remove 90% of my need/wish for a file
  manager (I faintly understand you can do something not entirely
  dissimilar under zsh, but I haven't looked into that yet).

--
J C Lawrence