[svlug] Mr Bill sez Security is Now Job One ( Waiting for other shoe )

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at dsurreal.org
Fri Jan 18 16:55:02 PST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Walt DuBose wrote:

> 	I really think he might be...lots of industry folks
> 	are saying that MS is too expensive and to insecure.
> 	The same goes for some government officials...I think
> 	Bill Gates realizes that if he doesn't give the public
> 	what they want, he will lose business/money,

I think that possibly the "background noise" that the presence of
Windows-based operatins systems have now added to the Internet (which
amounts to around 9,000-11,000 connections a month from Nimda and pals on
the conservative side, to literally every IP address in IPv4 space) has
finally clued them in to the fact that something may actually be terribly,
terribly wrong.