[svlug] About mc

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Fri Jan 18 14:20:03 PST 2002

Ron writes:
>> Well, I'll have to learn how to use it for this presentation anyway,
>> and maybe I'll agree.  I'm skeptical but I will give it a chance...
>
>Skeptical? If that's the signature of your ability to intuit the value
>of software, then I suggest, for your own education, you be skeptical of
>everything you've looked at.
>
>Pardon me, but it appears you degrade a product above your capabilities.

Well, I'm basing my "degrading" on my experience with other Unix file
managers such as the one that came with Sun's OpenWindows and SGI's
IRIX.  I've never found such tools to be particularly useful.  But as
Marc points out MC appears to have extra capabilities that I was not
aware of, and so it's worth taking a look.  Whether it'll be good
enough to make me change my habits is another story though.

--Bill.