[svlug] secondary dns

David E. Weekly david at weekly.org
Fri Jan 18 14:10:02 PST 2002

JC,

As surely as the wind blows, you're entitled to your own feelings about the
utility of such a system, but the 3500+ accounts, 1600+ domains, and 5600+
DNS records in EveryDNS seem to indicate that somebody at least found such a
service useful. =)

It's DNS registration + DNS hosting + Net services (web+other things) that
make a 1-2-3 combo that might actually be useful for people. Myself, I'm
focusing on providing infrastructure for individuals, non-profits, and Open
Source projects with my California Community Colocation Project:
http://communitycolo.net/. (Incidentally, it may be the first non-profit in
the world to focus exclusively on providing colocated Internet services to
non-profits.)

Since I'm friends with EveryDNS's founder, I'd be happy to pass back any
constructive feedback you might have on their services.

Cheerio,
 -david