[svlug] "Linux Basics"

Margaret Wendall mwendall at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 18 13:28:02 PST 2002

William R Ward wrote:

> I may have an opportunity to give a one-hour talk on Linux Basics, and
> I've got some good ideas for what to include, but I'd like to get some
> input from folks on what they think is important.  If you could answer
> one or more of these questions, it would be helpful to me in compiling
> this presentation.  I'm planning on basing it on Red Hat, since that
> seems to be the most popular and the easiest for newbies to handle,
> though I prefer Debian personally.

> --Bill.

I think that one of the hardest concepts a newbie has to learn is how
to partition a hard drive (totally foreign to both windoze and Mac).
All the other replies on this topic seem to come *after* the
installation is complete, but the installation is one of the easiest
things to botch up.
Margaret Wendall