[svlug] Debugging memory problems

David Masten dmasten at piratelabs.org
Tue Jan 15 18:31:01 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 17:10, Sanatan Rai wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have a simulation that runs quite well on Sun machines running
> Solaris (various).  However it seg-faults while reading some data files on
> x86. I had the same problem with Win2000 and g++ and Linux (SULinux/RH7.x)
> + g++, so it seems to me that the problem has something to do with the
> architecture. I am at a loss as to how to find the exact problem.

You didn't say how much RAM your sims use. I have problems with our sims
hitting 32-bit memory limits. (doing ASIC verification simulations). The
Sun U-80s use all 4GB RAM and start swapping,the Linux x86 machines seg
fault the sim at 3GB memory usage.

So, another possibility for your consideration.

Dave