[svlug] Re: iptables problem with Red Hat 7.2

Craig Oda craigoda at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 19:21:01 PST 2002

Thanks Tim and others for all the suggestions.  I've solved the
problem, which appears to have been related to some piece of hardware
on the mainboard or power supply.  I'm using the same ethernet cards,
PCI SCSI controller and same disk image with another mainboard and
power supply and things appear to be working fine.

Some helpful person told me about /etc/sysctl.conf which I didn't know
about at first and thought that might be the problem.  It wasn't the
problem, but it was great to learn about it.  For those that don't
know, there should be this line:
  net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
in the file.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.  I was impressed with the level
of respones I received.