[svlug] can a linux webbrowser make sites avail offline?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jan 8 13:52:02 PST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:25:28 -0800
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> wrote:

> wget doesn't seem to have some of the features of the IE browse
> offline command -- it only follows links, and downloads inline
> images, but doesn't seem to download stylesheets, etc.  IE's
> browse offline also seems to rewrite absolute links into relative
> links so that they will work properly without an Internet
> connection.

Read wget's man page -- with the appropriate options it will do those
things.  Try something like:

  wget --mirror --no-parent --cookies=on --convert-links --page-requisites

Note: There are occasions where wget will not pull down the CSS
file.  I've suspected it has to do with how the file is referenced
(eg @import is not retrieved) but I've not checked.

--
J C Lawrence