[svlug] Wheel Mouse Optical... Evil?

John McDonnell johnmc at johnmc.org
Tue Jan 8 13:34:02 PST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> Durability is the reason I like some Microsoft hardware.

hmm.. well, I can't say I've had any problems with Logitech mice and
durability ever... It's also the reason I'll be investing in one of those
nice hard wearing Compaq keyboards from Radio Shack this week... the
durability of the keyboards seems to be one of the few things they
inherited from DEC and kept. ;)

> It gets picked over Logitech usually because frankly, I think Logitech
> mice are a little bizarrely designed.

heh... to each their own.. I find the MS mice odd to use, opting for the
sleeker Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse and its ambidextrous friendliness -
even though I only ever use it with my right hand :)

> an HID device.

I've never even thought about pronouncing this "aitch eye dee", opting for
"hid" instead. Having said that, this would be a HID device on the USB
bus? Sort of like PIN numbers and ATM machines..

sorry... small pet peeve... HID == Human Interface Device so HID device
would be a Human Interface Device device.

Man, I'm incoherent today... I guess cycling from just behind SCU to
downtown San Jose affected me more than I thought ;)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .