[svlug] Local computer responds "connection refused"

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jan 7 12:38:02 PST 2002

This sounds like a problem with the firewall configuration. When I loaded
Red Hat 7.2 it was necessary to decide what level of firewall to mount.
For fun I made mine complete, so even a root user can't telnet or ftp to
my linux.

Now on my linux hackers try to get on and try passwords but it fails to
work. Likewise a LAN computer trying to telnet or ftp would fail.