[svlug] Local computer responds "connection refused"

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jan 7 09:14:02 PST 2002

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 08:55:32 -0800
Todd G Gardner <nicoli at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I am not sure how to see if an FTP daemon is running or not.  I am
> guessing that one is not but I am not sure.  I am running a
> default installation of RH72.

Typically RH runs WU-FTPd from inet.d or (more recently) xinet.d.
To work, several things must be tree:

  1) The appropriate FTP daemon must be installed.

  2) There must be an appropriate matching/correct stanza for in in
  (x)inet.d.

  3) TCP Wrappers (or specifically xinet.d) must not be configured
  to disallow connections from the systems you want to connect from.

I suspect at this point that you don't have an FTP daemon installed.

>> Suggest: MuddleFTPd.

> How do I find MuddleFTPd?

See Freshmeat.

--