[svlug] Wheel Mouse Optical... Evil?

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Mon Jan 7 01:59:02 PST 2002

Rafael wrote:
> > > OK, I repeat once more: they did not invent much
> >
> > That's not repeating.  That is effectively a ratraction of your earlier
> > statement that they have not invented anything.  Thank you very much.
>
> OK, so they did not invent anything important. You failed to produce one
> piece of evidence of "great MS invention" to make me think otherwise.

I never claimed there was any "great MS invention."  I claimed that MS
sells some perfectly good hardware, and disputed your absurd claim that
MS has never invented anything.  We've since learned that even the
"dreaded" Wheel Mouse Optical works great with Linux when used as a USB
device rather than using the very same type of USB-to-PS/2 converter
that also causes problems with Logitech keyboards.

Kindly take your obnoxious and baseless Microsoft bashing, complete with
discussion of invention and innvoation, elsewhere.  It is entirely
off-topic here.