[svlug] Wheel Mouse Optical... Evil?

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Sat Jan 5 02:36:02 PST 2002

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> I'm fairly astonished that they went to this length personally.  I'm
> flatly shocked that things like this didn't make it into the anti-trust
> trial.

Don't make assumptions just yet.  Just a few weeks ago, I saw a Logitech
keyboard fail to work on Linux as well.  It had one of those USB-to-PS/2
adapters that the WMO uses.  It wouldn't surprise me if that weren't
part of the problem, and if this weren't MS deliberately sabotaging the
mouse.

I will be surprised if the Linux community doesn't figure this one out
in short order.  Let's just wait a little while and see what happens
before we start throwing out accusations about DMCA and so forth.