[svlug] Re: How To Automate Netscape -was- search domain

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 16:05:01 PST 2001

> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:19:33AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> > Konquerer fared no better in my testing. With all the IEisms out
> > there, and proprietary windoze only plugins, things are really
> > starting to look ugly for the world of Linux browsers... I find
> > myself being forced to resort to a windows box just to do
> > something simple far too often (like online banking.)
>
> <shrug>  The best I can say is that I both don't have that problem
> and that none of the sites I visit with any frequency or particular
> interest has that problem.

I might add that konqueror has a so called "user agent". You can
"disguise" yourself as a "good american consumer" and use BofA online
banking just fine with it.

> > There are too many sites out there with rich media (audio / video)
> > I can't view on linux.

Thank God for low bandwidth, or you would for long time already be
confined to slashdot.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and