[svlug] How To Automate Netscape -was- search domain

William R. Ward bill at wards.net
Wed Nov 28 15:51:01 PST 2001

J C Lawrence writes:
>On 28 Nov 2001 12:57:12 -0800
>William R Ward <William> wrote:
>> J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> writes:
>
>>> Its not unstable for me.  My average runtime for Galeon is
>>> slightly over 30 days (which is about how often I upgrade).
>>> Note: I'm using the default Debian packages.
>
>> Is there any way to install Galeon using the Debian packages
>> without upgrading to testing?
>
>--force-depends?

Risky... but maybe.

>> I'm running potato and am waiting until the next stable release
>> before upgrading, since the machine also acts as a server.
>
>Most of my servers are running /testing.  Its been no trouble.

I gather they're pretty close to freezing it and releasing it as a new
/stable version.  I suppose it would be OK to upgrade.

My one gripe with Debian is that unless you run the risks of running
everything in the unstable branch, you're unable to use the latest
versions of the one or two packages that you really want to upgrade.
Otherwise, it's great.

--Bill.