[svlug] Monopoly and punishment

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Wed Nov 28 13:03:01 PST 2001

cnradio reports that Microsoft is trying to weasel out of their (now
minor) legal troubles with donating sofware and hardware to schools.

Opinion: Giving their software away is like having a drug dealer give
away some of his stuff to avoid punisment.

Question: why don't they ask the community what the punisment should be?
I'm sure we could come up with a reasonable solution.

For example:

Have Microsoft donate computers to schools and have them (pay for, or)
install alternative operating systems (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, etc.) on that
hardware.

--
Rafael
# My login password is misspelled name of town 10 km from my birthplace