[svlug] deny ssh

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Tue Nov 27 17:36:01 PST 2001

Hi Don. That's pretty much the way qmail is. On the home page at
http://www.qmail.org, are a gazillion modifications, made by a bunch
of folks-but the only version subject to the bounty must have the
correct digital signature, and that one is the freely distributed
version-and the one on the CDs in the Sams/Macmillian books.

FWIW.

        John

BTW, this subject has been an eternal thread on the qmail mailing list
for years-the author does maintain his own copyright of qmail, and
that has been an issue for some folks. This thread would probably be
more appropriately pursued there where the author can express his
own views-and frequently does.

I was tangentially involved in the Debian/Bernstein issues and my
personal opinion was that there were more personality issues than
software distribution issues. Bear in mind that I have my own
opinions, and maintain copyright on all the software on
http://www.johncon.com/, too-all of which have been distributed on CDs
in the Linux community at no charge.

John Conover        Tel. 408.370.2688  conover at rahul.net
631 Lamont Ct.      Fax. 408.379.9602  http://www.johncon.com/