[svlug] deny ssh

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Nov 27 16:57:01 PST 2001

begin John Conover quotation of Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:26:45AM -0000:

> He really can't let indiscriminate modification with those kinds of
> T&C's.

Au contraire.

Donald Knuth, author of TeX, offers a cash reward for bugs; the TeX
license simply requires that any modified version must be identified
as such, and not distributed in such a way to be confused with the
original version.

Any author who offers a reward is perfectly free not to pay when a
bug doesn't exist in his original version, whatever the license.
The existence of a reward does nothing to justify user-hostile
licensing terms.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti at zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/