[svlug] deny ssh

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Tue Nov 27 16:35:01 PST 2001

John Conover wrote:

> That's because, unlike other Open Source Software, there is a quality
> bounty on qmail, (and the others, which are under the same license.)

He's entitled to distribute his software any way he likes, but that
doesn't make it open source.  Some use the term "visible source" to
describe non-open source software with available source code, but that
term really hasn't caught on much.

> If qmail, (or tcpserver,) can be cracked, then the author will give
> the cracker US$1000.
>
> He really can't let indiscriminate modification with those kinds of
> T&C's.

Sure he could. He would likely want to exclude any modified versions
from the bounty, of course.