[svlug] search domain

mbillens@one.net mbillens at one.net
Mon Nov 26 16:12:01 PST 2001

Okay, I'm using dhcp so my search domains look fine...  I guess this is a
browser issue...  Netscape does what I want, but Konqueror or Galeon just
tries to go to http://www.blah.com/ if I just type in blah in the address
box...  How do I get the netscape behavior in Konqueror and Galeon?

The problem is that a lot of intranet webpages here use the short form:
http://blah/dir/dir/page.html instead of
http://blah.domain.com/dir/dir/page.html

thx

> 	Look in /etc/resolv.conf
>
> for example:
>
> search my.domain.com your.domain.com home.net
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:39:51PM +0000, mbillens at one.net wrote:
> > All, how might I do I make it so that when I type something like:
> > http://server my browser really looks up http://server.domain.com instead?
> > Is there a search domain option or something somewhere I set?

This message was sent using Us.Net Webmail.