[svlug] Testing

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Sun Nov 25 15:37:01 PST 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 03:20:39PM -0800, William R. Ward wrote:
> I'm trying to post to svlug mailing list.  Having trouble due to
> sendmail and/or DNS issues.  Sorry for the interruption.
> (4th try)

There are at least 3 test messages that made it to the list. While it's
not hard to "ignore" such messages, can you imagine how it would look like
if everybody would send 3 or so test messages to the list?

You don't tell where you are coming from in order to help you out with
your problem.

I strongly encourage you to test email some other way than use mailing
lists. What I do is test email between work or some other server
(friends) and the system I'm trying to setup. If at all possible, run the
daemon in debug mode to show verbose details during the connection.

When that works I try other places and see what happens. If the message
makes it to the mailing list and back to you then your setup is most
likely OK. Details can be worked out when others point out any problems
that might arise.

> --Bill.
> --
> William R Ward            bill at wards.net          http://www.wards.net/~bill/
>      If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Don't become part of the problem ;-)

--
Rafael
# My login password is misspelled name of town 10 km from my birthplace