[svlug] 802.11b bridge

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Nov 23 14:44:02 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:33:42 -0800
Aaron T Porter <Aaron> wrote:

> Well, when I got the airport well over a year ago, it was by far
> the cheapest option out there.

Ahh, makes sense.

> You also note that I've decided not to purchase a second unit.

Heh.

> The Airport 2.0 does have some value add features (authentication,
> AOL support, etc) but they may not apply to your setup.

Yeah, I'm looking for minor roaming support for a laptop (within
range of a single base) and getting IP access to a couple machines
which would be a royal pain to string ethernet to.  The intent in to
hang it off the Alpha on a private subnet and then let iptables on
the Alpha do all the ugly work (possibly by running IpSec VPNs to
each wireless node).

--
J C Lawrence