[svlug] CompactFlash and digital cameras...

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Thu Nov 22 16:18:01 PST 2001

At Thu, 22 Nov 2001 it looks like Kedar Patankar composed:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to buy a digital camera. I am wondering whether I can make a
> working assumption that if a camera supports compact flash (type I or II)
> expansion slot, then would it be enough to get such a camera and SanDisk USB
> adaptor for CompactFlash and swap the CF cartridge between camera and USB
> adaptor to get it working on linux?
>
> Or do I need the camera to be explicitly supported by gPhoto/jPhoto?

I use the "SanDisk USB Compact Flash Reader" with no issues, there
are some "un_supported" models and I know for sure the "SDDR-31"
I use it with Linux, and FreeBSD. I'm close to getting it to work
with Solaris-8 (Intel).  It's the most supported model.

http://www.computervideogear.com/camera/CompactFlash/compactflash-reader-imagemate-usb.htm
http://www.cwol.com/CompactFlash/compactflash-reader-imagemate-usb.htm
http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~mdharm/linux-usb/sandisk.html
http://www.imaclinux.net/php/imaclinux_g_h.php3?single=47+index=10+old_articles