[svlug] before and after memory addon to laptop

Aaron T Porter atporter at primate.net
Thu Nov 22 12:56:02 PST 2001

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 07:57:29AM -0800, Todd G. Gardner wrote:

> I have a Toshiba 4060CDT Satellite laptop running RH7.2.  The 128 MB
> SIMM that I got brand new from the site was shown listed as compatible
> from Toshiba with this laptop.  There were two choices for "compatible"
> RAM addons.  One choice was a 64MB SIMM and the other choice was this
> 128MB SIMM.

	I've got a couple toshiba laptops (all Tecra's) and they are
incredibly picky about which SODIMM's they'll work with. I've had really
good luck with Simple Technologies ram. If you can remove the original
64mb (not sure if the Satellite lets you do that) try replacing it with
the 128mb chip. I've never had to flash the bios on a toshiba to get
ram to be recognized, but I've tried at least 4 different SODIMM brands
that didn't work.