[svlug] before and after memory addon to laptop

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 21 14:08:02 PST 2001

on Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 01:10:36PM -0800, Todd G. Gardner (nicoli at bigfoot.com) wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> How do I tell if your laptop is recognizing the 128 MB addon SIMM.
> Before the SIMM there was 64 MB of physical RAM.
>
> The attachments are after and before installing the SIMM.

Suggestions:

  - Set your linewrap to 72 characters.

  - Paste text to your message, don't send attachments (particularly
    graphics) to list to convey textual information.  You used 23 KB to
    send 400 bytes of data.  In a format that's difficult to reference.

A text-based mailer such as mutt provides the ability to pipe output of
console commands directly into a message.

What is in your /etc/lilo.conf?  Have you tried adding an explicit
'mem=128M' at your LILO boot prompt, or is there an existing 'MEM='
option?  Most modern systems will automatically register the proper
amount of memory.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/