[svlug] before and after memory addon to laptop

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Wed Nov 21 14:02:02 PST 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 01:10:36PM -0800, Todd G. Gardner wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> How do I tell if your laptop is recognizing the 128 MB addon SIMM.
> Before the SIMM there was 64 MB of physical RAM.
>
> The attachments are after and before installing the SIMM.

In linux/Unix a simple text cut and paste would be enough. Not everybody
uses GUI mail readers.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

You have "hardware issue" here. OS is not going to recognize memory unless
the BIOS finds it through selftest and report to the OS loaders and the
OS. Make sure you see all the memory during computer self test before you
can proceed. Are you sure you have the right memory? There are so many
versions out there you have to be careful what you get.

> Todd

Good luck,

--
Rafael
# My login password is misspelled name of town 10 km from my birthplace