[svlug] Laptop horrors: AC Power supply breakage

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 20 02:08:01 PST 2001

on Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:32:04PM -0800, Karsten M. Self (kmself at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> I'm having one of those interesting "customer service from hell" stories
> at the moment.  The key plot element is the laptop I purchased earlier
> this year.  Appears one of the problems is that the internal power
> supply connector has broken loose from the motherboard, the connectors
> being three solder points.  The problem dates to the first few months of
> use of the system.  It has been dropped once, from about three feet,
> onto a well-carpeted floor, after which the system seemed fine.
>
> The service vendor is ARM Computers (http://www.armcomputer.com/).

Interesting what a Google search will pull up.  Two customer
testimonials.  Both...interesting:

    http://www.bayhouse.com/ARMcomputer-SUX.shtml

    "I wouldn't buy from ARM Computer if they sold the LAST notebook on
    this planet!"

    http://www.epinions.com/cmhd-Notebooks-All-Arm_TS3100

    "Pros: It would be a nice machine if it worked.
    Cons: The company that sells it is unhelpful, and incompetent at
    customer relations. For God's sake, don't buy from ARM. Their idea
    of improving the bottom line is squeezing the customer. BEWARE!!"

Coincidence?   I think not.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/