[svlug] OT: Leonids?

Tabinda N. Khan tabindak at best.com
Sun Nov 18 15:54:02 PST 2001

Quoting Ian Kluft:
> Almost everyone in the group were also
> SVLUG members.  The weather forecast was for fog in the valleys and thin
> high clouds north of Gilroy.  We wanted to get away from the city lights
> anyway.  We were originally thinking of Henry Coe State Park (east of
> Morgan Hill) but the forecast of high clouds detoured us to Fremont Peak
> State Park (south of San Juan Bautista).

Shoot. I was there too. Wish we'd seen the SVLUG people.  We
were up the hill from the parking lot, but we heard a lot of
whooping down there when the bigger meteors arrived.

Ditto on the cold and the long walk to the peak, but we
hung out till 5:15 or so. There were some really bright ones
just before dawn. During the last hour I had my head inside
my sleeping bag for about 15 minutes to thaw out my nose.

The sight was amazing.

Tabinda