[svlug] OT: Leonids?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 18 04:17:02 PST 2001

on Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 03:58:08AM -0800, Jeffrey Siegal (jbs at quiotix.com) wrote:
> Conditions were excellent on Skyline.  Very dark and very clear overhead
> skies.  Countless meteors seen.  Amazing!

Likewise.  I'm just getting back ~4am.  For one period, I was seeing
meteors every 4-12 seconds, sometimes multiples (most was a strike of
3-5 that I could count), too many to catch all of 'em.

My vantage point was Skyline at Windy Hill, hiked up the hill to get
away from road noise and car lights (though I had a few interesting
neighbors, mostly of the amusing variety).

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/