[svlug] Giving admin. power to a web mgmt. interface

Ivan Passos lists at cyclades.com
Tue Nov 13 12:46:02 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Aaron T Porter wrote:

> 	I think you ignored the part where Marc said "perl". If I remember
> properly, most shells ignore suid bits. No suid-shell scripts. That's why
> you'll want to use Perl.

Oh-oh ... I didn't know that. :(

As in my systems I don't have Perl (nor any other scripting language other
than shell), I guess I'll have to write a C application to do that (not a
big deal, especially since it's a very simple app. in the beginning).

Thanks for clearing that up, it helped a lot!!

Later,
Ivan