[svlug] any south bay retail source for Cheapbytes or similar distro CDs?

Ian MacLure imaclure at seagull.com
Thu Nov 8 13:55:02 PST 2001

>From: ikluft at thunder.sbay.org (Ian Kluft)

>>From: Alan Denney <yosemite at programmer.net>
>>I need to experiment with several current distros to check for
>>compatibility with some database software I'm using before
>>choosing a primary one (at which point we'll get the retail
>>package).  Do any local computer stores or whatever sell=20
>>the plain vanilla Cheapbytes-style distros?  I really only need
>>Mandrake 7.2 and 8.1 to start and would like to start immediately.
>>I only have dial-up, so downloading a full .iso would be a pain.
>
>I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if the economic downturn
>might have gotten them too.  But there was a CD-ROM store that changed its
>name to include Linux in the strip mall along Lawrence Expwy between
>Arques and Titan in Sunnyvale, sort of between St John's Restaurant,
>Ham Radio Outlet and the former Computer Literacy Bookshop location.
>It's across Lawrence from the Sunnyvale Fry's.

	That would have been "Linux Lab".
	IIRC, they had evaporated by the time I left the left coast Bay Area in
May.
	There was a photo developing place in between CL and
	Linux Lab.

Ian B MacLure                                       Air Transportation
Division
imaclure at seagull.com                          Seagull Technology, Inc.
--- NASA Langley On/Off-site Office:  757-864-1353 / 757-865-3869 -------
http://www.seagull.com                       16400 Lark Avenue
Voice:      408-358-7100                       Los Gatos, CA
Fax:         408-358-7071                       95032-2547