[svlug] Er...what happened?

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Thu Nov 8 12:19:02 PST 2001

>From: Margaret Wendall <mwendall at earthlink.net>
>Maybe we need to put the directions to Cisco Bldg. J back into the web site. It
>was there at one time. The building *is* hard to find at night, even if you've
>been there before, but the trek is worthwhile as the room is quite nice.

We didn't delete the page.  It's still there at the same URL as before.
We even still have the directions page for Netscape Bldg 22.

But we don't link to it when that's not the current room reservation.
The problem was that even Tracy only got an hour's notice of the snafu
that caused the location change.

I think the best way to handle this is to let the SVLUG members who are
Cisco employees do the necessary yelling^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdiscussion behind
the scenes with the person who made the goof.  Other than that, as Marc
said, SVLUG's position as a guest sort of has to be to take these things as
they come.  There aren't very many facilities available in SVLUG's size
and budget.

If Cisco needs to use its own facilities, of course it has priority.  But
in this case internally we know someone neglected to tell us of the change.
And we know who she is.  We've had problems with her before.  (Ask me in
private.)  I'm distressed to learn she's handling the conference centers
again.  Things went so smoothly and professionally after she tranferred
away to some other position a few years ago.