[svlug] any south bay retail source for Cheapbytes or similar distro CDs?

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Thu Nov 8 11:53:01 PST 2001

>From: Alan Denney <yosemite at programmer.net>
>I need to experiment with several current distros to check for
>compatibility with some database software I'm using before
>choosing a primary one (at which point we'll get the retail
>package).  Do any local computer stores or whatever sell=20
>the plain vanilla Cheapbytes-style distros?  I really only need
>Mandrake 7.2 and 8.1 to start and would like to start immediately.
>I only have dial-up, so downloading a full .iso would be a pain.

I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if the economic downturn
might have gotten them too.  But there was a CD-ROM store that changed its
name to include Linux in the strip mall along Lawrence Expwy between
Arques and Titan in Sunnyvale, sort of between St John's Restaurant,
Ham Radio Outlet and the former Computer Literacy Bookshop location.
It's across Lawrence from the Sunnyvale Fry's.