[svlug] Where to (re) register a Domain Name?

Greg Herlein gherlein at herlein.com
Mon Nov 5 11:55:02 PST 2001

> 	Register.com stores your CC#, which makes me nervous. I've heard
> good things about easydns too, and I really like dotster.com myself.

I'm not so sure about this.  I use them and I have to re-enter my
CC info every new domain.  It's annoying, but an indication that
they do NOT store it electronically online.

Can you verify your information?

My only problem with Registrar.com is that the root nameserver
for your new domain must already be a registered nameserver.  If
you are starting from total scratch (as in creating new root
nameservers for your domain in addition to creating the new
domain) it is not so easy to do with them.  However, their phone
customer support people can help with this and they are quite
good in my experience.  $35/year does not seem too out of line to
me.

Greg