[svlug] Where to (re) register a Domain Name?

Rafael Skodlar raffi at linwin.com
Mon Nov 5 11:10:02 PST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:36:14AM -0800, Aaron T Porter wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 08:27:10PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> > On 03 Nov 2001 12:06:14 -0800 Ron wrote:
> >
> > > Any advice? I've made the usual google / web searches,
> > > www.weblaunching.net appears adequate ($12) but I didn't find much
> > > to base a conclusion on. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > I've been well pleased with easydns.com.  I've head good things
> > about register.com.
>
> 	Register.com stores your CC#, which makes me nervous. I've heard
> good things about easydns too, and I really like dotster.com myself.

"stores your CC#" where? Everybody that handles our credit cards stores
some records of the transaction somewhere, why would others be different?

It seems that cheap and "quick setup" registrars are possible cause for
some problems we have with spam. I bothered to document some spam that I
believe is a result of cheap and automated (?) domain registration
http://www.linwin.com/spam+scam/index.html

What happened to our "anti spam" mailing list? I subscribed and sent email
there twice and never got any reply to it.

--
Rafael