[svlug] Experiences with ARM Computers?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 4 13:17:01 PST 2001

I'm curious if anyone out there has had any experiences dealing with ARM
Computers, specifically their service dept.

    http://www.armcomputer.com/

I'm returning a TuxTops system for warranty repair, and am currenlty not
even sure if the company will honor its obligations.  Apparently they
base warranty repair decisions on the existence of serial number on the
unit, the only record of which is an affixed label on the bottom of the
unit, which has worn to illegibility.  I'm looking for other records of
the unit's SN, but cannot find same.  Customer support has offered only
a definite "maybe" on whether or not the unit will be covered.  Calls to
her supervisor have gone unreturned.

Interested to know of others' experiences or strategies in dealing with
ARM.  Frankly, I'm underwhelmed.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/