[svlug] Windows XP a better operating system

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Sun Nov 4 00:54:02 PST 2001

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:26:09PM -0800, Cameron Palmer wrote:
> Laugh, I was joking. I had my first kernel panic on my file server with
> Linux v2.4.12. Wow.
> The system has been running as long as I can remember (minus the times
> I have upgraded the kernel) and it died tonight.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is no 2.5 kernel branch. This
means that 2.4 is essentially the development branch. I use it on most
machines, but still, we're testing out some major changes to the kernel
right now for Linux and crew.

2.2.20 is out, think hard about using it for production single proc
machines, maybe all of them.
--
Nate Campi, UNIX Ops WiReD SF, Terra Lycos DNS, (415) 276-8678

Never ever relay emails based solely on a user-provided header.
Down that path leads madness, despair, and the RBL.