[svlug] SV source for 3Com PCMCIA ethernet dongles?

Jeremy Zawodny Jeremy at Zawodny.com
Sat Nov 3 20:49:01 PST 2001

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:10:00PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Someone, whose pride I'll save my not mentioning my name, stepped on
> the !@#$% ethernet cable while standing up with the laptop...  I
> have one 3/4" ice scraper for anyone who's interested.
>
> Fry's doesn't carry 3Com products.  Anyone know a source for
> replacment dongles open Saturdays?  Or suggestions for a replacement
> card -- friend recommends the Xircom RealPort, which plugs directly
> into the cable.

While it seems that you have a solution already, I'll mention that I
had a similar problem.  I called 3Com to find out where I could buy
one, and they sold me one on the phone.  I was rather surprised.  So I
bought two--just in case it happens again.

For a change, 3Com impressed me.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny     |  Perl, Web, MySQL, Linux Magazine, WCNet, Yahoo!
<Jeremy at Zawodny.com>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/