[svlug] SVLUG meeting directions updated
ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Mon Mar 5 12:29:01 PST 2001
The following updates have been made to the SVLUG meeting directions:
* Advice to use the Mountain View Park & Ride lots and take light rail
(credit to Don Marti for this tip)
* Advice to use the South San Jose Park & Ride lots and take light rail.
(based on Don's advice too)
* Changed directions from Sunnyvale to suggest taking Central Expwy to
San Tomas and Montague Expwys to Zanker Rd. This avoids the congestion
on Tasman, since it's getting too congested to recommend as an alternative
to Hwy 237 any more. (And of course 237 can be a parking lot.)
Any other advice any of you would like to contribute will be credited
to you. Any tricks for getting through Silicon Valley traffic to SVLUG
will help your fellow SVLUG members.
BTW, though this isn't listed (to maintain some clarity in an already
stuffed page) there is additional parking available behind Bldg 9.
There are two ways to access it...
1) go the long way around Bldg 9 from the directions as shown, or
2) use the Cisco entrance on Zanker Rd next to Bldg 8 between the Agnews
State Hospital entrance and Tasman Drive.
Drive slowly in the parking lot and use caution for bicyclists since
they'll use this way to access the bike racks on the far side of Bldg 9.
Ian Kluft KO6YQ PP-ASEL sbay.org coordinator
ikluft(at)thunder.sbay.org http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/ San Jose, CA
"Carelessness and overconfidence are usually more dangerous
than deliberately accepted risks." -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
More information about the svlug