[svlug] ntp problem - rh7.1

Alvin Oga alvin at planet.fef.com
Tue Jul 31 19:49:01 PDT 2001

hi ya ben

easiest fix:
	/etc/rc.d/init.d/xntp stop

next easiest fix:
	vi /etc/ntp.conf
	- set the "server" to point to the nearest publicly acessible ntp sever

you should only have ONE ntp server that talks to the outside world...
well...okay.... maybe 2.... and all your local PCs sync up to those
local ntp servers ( ntp.foo.com ) ...

turn on logs to see any log messages etc...

your local clock being off by more than a second might be too far off
that its gonna barf... and confinue to spew error messges

c ya
alvin

lots of fun/boring reading on ntp....

# List of NTP servers