[svlug] Further Sklyarov events

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Tue Jul 31 12:30:01 PDT 2001

>From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself at ix.netcom.com>
>> We don't usually get that weather here in the South Bay because the
>> mountains hold back the marine stratus layer.  [...]
>
>If you're really hurting for fog, you can hop westward towards the
>coast.

Well, personally I don't care for fog or low stratus when I expect
"Summer". :-)

>That same marine layer's usually hanging out right there, much
>closer than SF, and the traffic's often better (CA 17 excepted).

Every road in and out of Silicon Valley is a traffic chokepoint now.
Hwy 17 is, of course, the original chokepoint.

>All told, excellent protest weather.

Yup, agreed.  Though I brought enough water as if conditions would be the
same as last week's protest in San Jose.  I didn't need much of it.