[svlug] LILO Question

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon Jul 30 11:14:02 PDT 2001

IS there any way to have LILO do something like:

"Reboot the next time under $KERNEL, but leave the default boot as $OLD_KERNEL"

So that you could do something like, say, upgrade a kernel on a
colo'ed box, set that flag, reboot, and if it FAILS, hit it with an
RPB to reboot it, and have it come back up (second and subsequent
times) with the old/original kernel?

This seems, to me, very useful in testing kernel upgrades on boxes
you're not physically present for, but I can't seem to find any way
to do it.

Thoughts?

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |