[svlug] request: which notebook to buy?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Jul 27 00:10:01 PDT 2001

At 12:35 PM -0700 7/26/01, Gareth J. Greenaway wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:48:33PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>  > As to Mac OS X, I've always said that there's nothing wrong with it that
>>  omitting Quartz/Aqua, MSIE, the Cocoa layer, and the Classic.app OS 9
>>  layer -- and adding the XFree86 Darwin port -- doesn't fix.  Except you
>>  lose a bit of performance compared to *BSD or Linux.
>
>Personal preference on these things, MSIE does suck.  Thats a given,
>but Aqua is a very cool UI in my opinion and very intuitive.  I suppose
>you have to have used and liked the user interface of NeXT and OpenStep
>to really dig the UI on OS X.

There are of course other browsers for X, though I find sometimes I
have to resort to Netscape under Classic for some sites. And, for
that matter, there's good old wget.

--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com    http://deirdre.net
Adobe put Dimitry in jail for the crime against society of revealing